(UPDATED) ‘EXCLUSIVE’ BREAKING NEWS: BC Conservative Party Cleansing–John Cummins and Other Rabid Evangelicals Being Given an Ultimatum by a Majority of Constituency Associations!!!
You heard it here first…
It was only a matter of time before John Cummins’ bovine stubbornness and deep-seeded arrogance would be rewarded with a full-on mutiny.
After packing the Board of Directors at their recent BC Conservative convention with inexperienced Neanderthals of the Reform ilk, Cummins has been willfully ignoring a brewing storm. He lost John Martin (hardly devastating), previously a ‘star’ candidate in Chilliwack, but too–and much more significantly, lost MLA for Abbotsford-South John vanDongen. This, I’m told, was a significant enough shock for many of the members, that they immediately sought to withdraw their support for the leader. Apparently, Cummins’ weeks-long, juvenile sniping of the honourable vanDongen wasn’t enough for some members prior to convention, but as soon as vanDongen hit the jettison button, a good portion of the membership had a change of heart on Cummins.
Call it their ‘Come to Jesus’ moment. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
I can confirm for you this afternoon that the single largest donor to the BC Conservatives is on his way to provide leader Cummins with his moment of reckoning.
That particular donor, whose name I will not release as he’s not a public figure, will give Cummins a very short window to resign.
And he’s not alone. Said donor–a highly respected British Columbian with unimpeachable integrity, who has personally donated over $20,000 to the party, will be armed with TWO DOZEN letters from constituency association presidents.
My darlings, it was inevitable. How did Cummins expect to survive with just the Evangelical vote?! Rank insanity! He will also be told to take EVERY SINGLE ONE of his knuckle-draggers with him. All the bigots, all the homophobes, GONE!
Behold the letter:
Dear BC Conservative Family,
Under the leadership of John Cummins, we have not been able to raise funds for the CA’s and we have not been able to bring new members into the party.
Under John Cummins, we have lost our only MLA, our candidate in Chilliwack and many young promising candidates who see no future with John Cummins and Randy White.
The party is running over budget $20,000 this year and the petty infighting has turned into a witch hunt against anyone considered not loyal to John Cummins. All the while the party has lost sight of the goal and has slid down from the high of 20% in the polls to a disastrous 11% and falling fast.
John Cummins has taken us to the foot of the mountain but he is not able to take us to the top. We are therefore asking John Cummins to resign immediately.
To date, these are the courageous and principled presidents, who have endorsed the above letter and are now asking for John Cummins to resign immediately as leader:
1. Kevin Chapman, President Abbotsford South
2. Lyle Collie, President Chilliwack
3. Robbie Armstrong, President Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows
4. Gordon Reid, President, Victoria Swan Lake
5. Antonio Simoes, President Burnaby Deer Lake
6. Bill Rusin, President Burnaby Lougheed
7. Grigori Khaskin, President Coquitlam Malardville
8. Ariane Eckardt, President Burnaby North
9. David Millar, President Burnaby Edmonds
10. Milan Kljajic, President Vancouver Kingsway
11. Ryan Warawa, President Vancouver West End
12. David Mohr, President Vancouver Langara
13. Ian Tootill, President Vancouver Pt Grey
14. David Wilder, President Vancouver Quilchena
15. Allison Patton, President Surrey Whiterock
16. Kulwinder Turna, President Surrey Tynehead
17. Kamaljit Thind, President Surrey Whalley
18. Bruce Carson, President Saanich North and the Islands
19. Shirley Diggle, President Saanich South
20. Bob Bauder, President Juan de Fuca
21. Michael Hubbard, President Esquimalt-Royal Roads
Remember as well, that only 54 of 85 BC Conservative constituencies are up and running, and many of those with only 3-5 Directors in place. Just 35 of them are properly constituted. So, that’s 21/35 that want Cummins and his rabid church group gone pronto. That’s a whopping almost TWO THIRDS of the active party that demand Cummins and Co. be gone!
Now, in case you thought this is somehow great news for Premier Clark and the BC Christy Party, let me douse those flames with an ocean of water.
The interim leader of the BC Conservatives will be former BC Liberal organizer and former BC Conservative candidate Rick Peterson. I contacted Peterson at his home the other night (I’ve been working this story all week) and while he didn’t confirm he was going to be interim leader (he didn’t deny it either), he did say this:
“Look, Alex, you’ve known me for twenty years. I want what’s best for this province, I love the people; you know that, I always have. My record speaks for itself. I like Adrian as a person, he seems like a fine man, but I don’t trust the NDP–not one bit, and neither does a good portion of this province. The first job of any leader of a renewed BC Conservative Party, should be to approach the BC Liberals and have Christy resign immediately. She’s done an awful job; the public see it and her numbers continue to drop to new depths. She’s totally out of her league; that much is obvious to anyone. And if we can’t get her to resign, hey, it’s simple: Then I expect that the BC Conservatives will run a candidate in every single riding in the province come election time. We won’t support an amateur. It’s as simple as that. We need a winner in the Premier’s chair–and we don’t have one. Only that will bring the two sides together.” (Rick Peterson – October, 2012)
You read it here, first…that’s the plan. It might work, it might not.
Now let the games begin!
And, of course, prepare for the denials…
Goodness, I leave for an hour and half workout and all hell breaks loose.
Please pay attention:
1) The people telling CKNW that they didn’t endorse dumping Cummins are either lying or cowards. Do not believe them. I have the emails between them and the party organizers they communicated with. Two recanted–fair enough, because their complaints were verbal. The others are ALL ON BOARD. If the Cummins fools continue to attack me, I will release the emails and if it’s embarrassing to anyone–because there are personal comments in those emails, tough.
2) The woman who called NW and claims that “several” people on that list told her they never endorsed the letter to remove Cummins, is telling a lie taller than the Empire State Building. Nice deflection by the ‘God Squad’. Several people did not do that. Two did.
3) I FULLY STAND BEHIND MY STORY. When Cummins claims my story is exaggerated, he’s also lying. His top party backer is against him. A majority of active CAs are against him, and he just dismisses such concerns??? Is this guy at all well? This is precisely why he’s in trouble.
4) The Cummins ‘God Squad’ is trying to intimidate the people on this list. The calls have been fast and furious. This is how cowards and manipulators operate. They should be ashamed! But this would require a conscience.
5) I’m a little disappointed in CKNW. They didn’t call me for a comment (that’s usually what you do when you’re covering someone’s story–it’s a basic courtesy), but instead went on about the few people backing off their commitment to remove Cummins (as a result of being intimidated)! So, as soon as I got out of the gym, I called their newsroom and spoke to Shane Woodford. He was professional, courteous and polite–as always, but had no interest in getting my comment, instead, he was more interested in getting the “couple of people on the list who are denying their involvement on tape.” In fairness, I thought my readers should know this. To me, that’s a very interesting way of doing a story. ‘Nough said.
This story is fluid with more developments through the weekend. Cummins continues to deny he’s on the bubble, but if he doesn’t finally go and take the super-religious nutters with him, the BC Conservatives won’t elect a single MLA. Not one.