(UPDATED) Christy Clark Lies, While John Martin Tries; John Cummins Fails, and John vanDongen Bails…as Ken Boessenkool Sails…
Only in British Columbia could you have, in the span of a few days, two major defections from a pretend contender, a failed leader trying to look good for the photo op and a strong leader looking constantly looking to fail…
And now, today’s resignation of Christy Clark’s chief of staff Ken ‘Slow Hand’ Boessenkool over a major incident in a bar…with a woman.
If I told you last Monday, that by this Monday, you’d bear witness to such insanity–you’d have wanted me committed.
So, here we go, in ascending order of ridiculousness…
(1) John vanDongen, who I and others in the media warned about John Cummins–before the former left the latter, has finally done what I predicted long ago: vanDongen, as principled a public servant as they come, has bolted from the BC Conservatives in disgust–not disgrace. Never was he paid a moment’s real notice by the troglodytes running the party. They are far too thick and inexperienced to understand the significance of the BC Rail scandal and were never able to follow vanDongen’s electoral sophistication and knowledge–such that they’d be bright enough to revise their platform to something more palatable to the people of the province. Instead, they’re stuck somewhere between the 23rd Psalm and Jesus at the garden in Gethsemane.
Imagine: The usual suspects are out criticizing vanDongen for not being able to get on with either Christy Clark or John Cummins. Um, excuse me, this is somehow bad?
vanDongen couldn’t get on with the unqualified, arrogant and corrupt. Goodness, what an indictment! What a terrible man–NOT!
Meanwhile he’s spending at least ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND of his own personal funds to find out why the Christy Clark government won’t release the Basi-Virk settlement to the government’s own Auditor General. And in a related matter, to show you how out of touch BC Conservative defector John Martin is–a criminologist and lecturer by trade, he’s suggested that the real reason for the delay is because of Basi and Virk’s lawyers not allowing all their billing released. Think about what kind of clod Martin is: He’s a criminologist, who can’t even get the story right. More to the point: The billings of Basi and Virk WERE, in fact, released. They signed waivers, MONTHS AGO, to release the required information–IT’S BEEN IN THE PRESS FOR MONTHS; I BORKE THE NEWS HERE. It’s the DETAILED billing which could present a solicitor-client privilege matter that all the lawyers object to releasing. But don’t let the facts get in the way of the truth, John. I suppose now that you you’re part of ‘TEAM LIE’ it’s monkey see, monkey do…
(2) Well, wasn’t that an amazing BC Conservative Convention over the weekend? With only a third of the entire membership voting, the Neanderthals STILL couldn’t find more than 70% of 1200 people to keep ‘Geritol Jesus’ at the pulpit. PATHETIC! Under Cummins, the BC Conservatives have as much chance of being a force in the next election, as I do of running the Boston Marathon.
In fact, my chances are much better.
This is the gang that can’t shoot straight–not to be confused with the government.
• The BC Conservative party membership was all smiles. That’s easy when every goodie bag contained complimentary ‘Poli-Grip’ and denture polish. Average age: 65. Now there’s a future! There was a ukulele ”band” and, no, I’m not kidding, some attempts at square dancing. How these people can even think they’ll make a serious dent in the political scene is beyond comprehension.
• ‘Geritol Jesus’ wants you to know he’s leadership material because he’s such a fiscal genius. The Amateur is in freefall, and she can’t count to save her life, but he’ll step in and save the day. Really? Cummins couldn’t provide reporters with how much was in the BC Conservatives bank account, and when pressed insisted that it was strictly party business–as if he was separate from this!!! At 20457 Douglas Street, in Langley, you’ll find the BC Tory’s campaign bunker. They’re paying, please be seated, $2800.00 for 1600 square feet! Genius! In old Langley, they’re paying top dollar, while shilling a $4,000 per month honorarium to a failed leader and sitting on a $20,000.00 deficit!!! Sounds like the kind of economic prowess you want running the province, no?
• So big on democracy is their new President Al ‘See-breeze’ Siebring (that’s the one freely flowing between his ears) that they couldn’t wait to have a meeting, and hauled the entire executive, after the convention, to the home of BCCP Director-at-Large, Dan Dennis. There, they proceed to replace anyone and anything that wasn’t willing to kneel at the altar of John Cummins. Astounding! Mind you, it’s not like Cummins was inclusive or welcoming in his speech, to the over 30% of his flock that want him gone. In addition, they didn’t care about previous protocol where constituency boards got together to appoint officials, etc. They rammed the changes through to make sure the constituency associations knew who’s boss…speaking of which…
• The BCCP currently has 53 constituency associations up and running–many barely there, with others on life-support. Of them, almost TWENTY were either neutral or wanted John Cummins gone. 10 are ready for collapse, with 7 on the South Island teeming for revolt plus, Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows, Point Grey and Quilchena in the drink. Another revolt brewing against the ‘God Squad’ that is taking the down to plumb new depths.
• Notice that not a word was uttered at convention about the BCCP diving poll numbers. Ipsos – Reid put a fine point on it last week. The BCCP has dropped significantly to 12% (from 20%) and Geritol Jesus currently enjoys the confidence of a measly 9% of BCers–that’s Campbell territory, post HST. Yep, lots of cause for joy there. So, the BC Conservative youth wing had their celebration last night. You know, a real rip snorter of a time…I dare you to tell me you didn’t enjoy that. I laughed til I cried!
(3) Well, if you thought Christy Clark’s government had shifted the momentum over to their side by picking failed BC Conservative candidate John Martin for their own, think again. As luck would have it, they weren’t getting a hand from now disgraced former Chief of Staff Ken Boessenkool. He resigned this morning because he was busy giving that hand to a waitress in a Victoria cocktail bar. According to a top government source, he was “less than sober, let’s say, and did just about the dumbest thing possible. She was really put off, as one would expect.” Boessenkool, who has flown back to be with his family in Calgary, was apparently very fresh with this young lass and the mere threat of a charge or complaint (currently, nothing has been lodged with Victoria Police) was enough for the Clarkites to prepare for this most devastating body blow. It was ‘The Boessenkool Plan’ that Clark was to ride to victory. It was his strategy that would pave the way for Clark to be elected Premier–it was his idea to begin with hiding her. Ironically, his complete lack of judgement has assailed her in a way that you won’t read about anywhere else–so stay tuned, right here, for the inside story.
But an interesting twist: I logged into the Premier’s press conference. She hid behind the employer’s code of protecting the (former) employee and wouldn’t relinquish details. This is pure bunk. She could very well release cursory details, as I have, without compromising Boessenkool’s privacy, or his dignity. He’s not a bad guy, who did a dumb thing. But here’s the kicker. Clark claims she heard about it TWO WEEKS AGO and decided that she would allow the internal investigation process to take place before she sat down to ask for his resignation. She stressed that she “made the decision” as if we don’t already know she’s feckless and weak and couldn’t make a decision to save her life. But, Boessenkool, in his letter, which is now public, claims that he immediately knew what he’d done was wrong.
Hold on a minute: Clark, a woman, who claims she puts women first, didn’t think that even before an investigation, how Boessenkool’s admission was enough to demand his immediate resignation??? No, she lied again. She waited to try and manage this festering nightmare. She doesn’t care about the dignity of women–no wonder she’s not resonating with them! She was interested only in covering her political ass, inside of doing what was right and telling Boessenkool that he needed to go immediately. She waited for two weeks in the hopes of managing the story–a controlled detonation–and replacing Boessenkool, with an almost 70 year old former BC Hydro boss, who in my opinion is in a conflict of interest as Chief of Staff while Smart Meters–his baby, are fought across the province and many BC Liberal insiders, are now even closer to the reigns of power.
It’s all beyond belief on the face of it, but remember. We live in corrupt British Columbia–and this keeps us more than busy!
I’ll be back later with some of the details of Boessenkool’s indiscretion(s). However, please be respectful in your comments. This a man with a family. He screwed up royally, and he knows it, they know it, and now so do the rest of us. Have some sympathy for his family, please. Over-the-top nonsense will just be deleted, and I won’t care if you’re a regular. The guy’s finished himself off–and Clark’s strategy for rebirth. No need to pile on.
And the hits for the Premier just keep on coming…
The Legislative Comptroller was frog marched out the legislative buildings this morning. “Position eliminated.” A stupid move, as he was highly competent, knows where all the skeletons are and has a damn good lawyer…see what happens when you don’t tow the Christy Clark government line???
This is all coming apart on her and very quickly…just watch.