Same Dix, Same Tricks??? No, no, no…Same Clark, Same Bark…
To suggest that I’m unsurprised with the BC Liberals latest attack website, is to understate the case considerably.
Political parties without an agenda, and ones particularly down in the polls, often choose the expedient route: Go dirty. It’s easy, it’s relatively cheap, and if your opponent is even remotely what you say he or she is, then it’s quicker to get to match point.
But this is more about Christy Clark than her party. She is without one original thought and her numbers continue to fall through the floor. So what does she authorize? More nastiness, more hate. It’s her modus operandi in public life. It’s how she does things.
It’s who she is.
Empty, foolish, amateurish and unkind. Same Clark, same bark…
Parenthetically, look at the ads the federal Conservatives are running. Every bit of hammering they’re applying to Thomas Mulcair and the federal NDP isn’t simply well-deserved, but well-earned. For example, he wants a national carbon tax? For what? To buttress the single greatest hoax of the last 100 years: global warming doomersterism? He’s a mad man.
And the Conservatives, say what you want, are exercising a steady hand on the tiller. A combination that allows them to score points. Major ones–at least for now.
Juxtapose that, with Christy Clark’s corrupt, rudderless government, and you very quickly discover why her efforts to go nasty won’t work–in fact, they’ll back fire.
She has no credibility and neither does her government.
The website ‘Same Dix Same Tricks’ was launched yesterday. It was, of course, done so because of Adrian Dix’s same-day appearance at the Vancouver Board of Trade, where, I might add, he gave a steady, informative but sometimes disjointed speech.
Nevertheless, the website is an attempt to be clever. Problem being: There is no substance to the foray–not a shred, and, therefore, cleverness isn’t part of this daffiest of tactics.
Let’s look at some of the claims.
(1) When the NDP were in power they taxed us to death. This may be true for some segments of the economy. They over-taxed business and shuttered the resource sectors–regardless of brief increases in output volumes and returns. They over-regulated and swung the pendulum too far to the left. It’s wonderful that they delivered a surplus, but at what cost? Workers and businesses were leaving the province in droves. Productivity levels in some sectors plummeted. However, it’s beyond rich for the BC Liberals to be making this argument. The Campbell/Clark Liberals have also taxed us TO DEATH!
What’s a toll? No, not a fee, guess again. No, it’s not a tariff, that’s just another name for it. Try again. No, it’s not a levy, that’s the name of a very affable, highly likable Jewish guy on NW.
A toll is a tax! After taxing every bridge including the one from my youngest daughter’s dollhouse to her Barbie’s bloody car, the BC Liberals have some nerve to be making such outrageous claims against the NDP.
We elected them to make things better. And they did, for about the first two years. After that, it was a train looking for a place to wreck.
As well, they’ve obviously forgotten the demand they foisted on us that we pay for IPP power at a premium–an answer to a non-existent problem, as the BC Utilities Commission reminds us. That, too, is a tax, its just better hidden. Add the insane carbon tax–yet more pandering to global warming fraud (sorry, I realize that’s redundant) and who are they hurting the most? I’ll tell you: Tom the Toolbelt, and Wendy the Waitress. Families first? Not a chance!
And lest we forget the infernal HST? They hammered us with it for two years, and after we rejected it, they still made us pay it for another two! This isn’t simple taxation, it’s state mandated torture.
What’s the point of reducing taxes when you have hidden “air taxes” on new vehicle purchases? More green fraud. How can you point the finger at anyone else, when you host an Olympics you can’t afford and hide the real costs in a years-long shell game?
Yes, the NDP went too far to the command side, but the BC Liberals went too far to the other extreme. Heartlessness, I know thy name…
The BC Liberals.
Anyway, here are a few other major low lights of the new website.
(2) The NDP didn’t balance budgets. Excuse me??? Prior to leaving his post, Kevin Falcon regaled us with one of the most lavish moments of verbal horse manure I’ve ever heard. As with Colin Hansen before him, he was NEVER able to comprehend the government’s responsibility not to play fast and loose with the books. After Christy provided him with total control, nothing improved anyway, because, like all Liberals, they are, at least, as tax and spend as the NDP were, they’re just better at covering their tracks. Instead of cutting government waste, they added layers upon layers, particularly in health care, where the entire Ministry is essentially run off the desks of whatever stooge is Minister of Health, and under the auspices of the CEO of the fledgling BCMA–now, well-ensconced as an arm of the BC Liberal government, thanks in no small part, to the Machiavellian direction of Alan Seckel, their point man and former BC Rail/Basi-Virk government deal cutter.
Millions wasted and frittered away across the board and the BC Liberals have the temerity to needle the NDP???
(3) The NDP added labour laws that hurt the province. The NDP were too pro-labour, say the BC Liberals. Really? This is coming from a government that tried desperately to pick a fight with every union available (the BCTF chief among them–the poster child for being dumb enough to engage, and look where it got them); ILLEGALLY tore up enforceable contracts (decisions reversed by the courts); stalled or otherwise tried to dishonour collective bargaining agreements; had the lowest minimum wage in Canada until last year (it’s still pitiful as our cost of living in BC is out-of-control) and introduced a learning wage at a jaw-dropping $6.00 per hour.
(4) The average family paid more in income taxes under the NDP. Sure they did, absolutely.
But there has never been another government in the history of this province, other than the BC Liberals, to have lowered income taxes and then gone out and ABSOLUTELY FLEECED the taxpayer with user fees, additional taxes on individual items, taxes on taxes and raised prices on almost everything. Never, ever.
Where to begin…
Let’s start with MSP costs (higher); transit fares (higher); ferry rates (higher); user fees (higher); BC Hydro rates (higher); ICBC rates (higher); green initiatives to nowhere (higher)…shall I continue?
And the services attached respectively to each? LOWER, LOWER, MUCH LOWER, MUCH LOWER AGAIN, MUCH, MUCH LOWER AGAIN, AND MUCH, MUCH, MUCH LOWER.
See the pattern?
Families first, Christy, are you sure you can keep up this thunderous lie???
I’m deliriously happy that we have a new Port Mann Bridge. That it’s the world’s widest is wonderful. I think we should be expanding our roads and upgrading our bridges to make it easier for people to travel this great province. Marvey. But that the Premier’s over pampered ass led the spending of a half million dollars in office expenses last year, while the average joe using the Port Mann to get to work will pay an astounding $1500.00 a year, should be a crime punishable by having to listen to taped Stephane Dion speeches over and over, interspersed with lashings of equivalent, breath-taking pain.
(5) The BC NDP were bad stewards of the economy. Um, does a half billion dollar stadium roof mean anything to anyone? Another half billion over run on a convention center ring a bell? And both done using, surprise, the construction companies of BC Liberal-friendly titans. Multi-billion dollar deals for government friends and pals to rape rivers sound familiar? How ’bout executive compensation, so obscene, at Hydro, ICBC, Ferries and Translink, that it appears all you needed on your resume was a copy of your BC Liberal membership card? Any of those jog your memory, Christy?
How do the FastCat ferries look now?
But think of their utter confusion! Now that they are seeking re-election, they’re simply going to cut spending on big ticket items, according to new Finance Spinister Mike deDung, as revenues flatline or decline. All while the Premier runs around hell’s half acre promising the moon and stars! Huh?
If they really want to help themselves and finally tell the truth, they SHOULD have a name change, to the BS LIBERALS. The LIES they are telling are unbelievable.
Jesus Christ Almighty…oh sorry, I forgot, he’s running the BC Conservatives…I won’t mention Him like that again.
In an early morning perusal of the papers, here, is Gary Mason’s absolutely outstanding column. A must read. Two thumbs way up.