The Enbridge 1,2,3,4,5; the BCMA and the LDB: Christy Clark’s Alphabet Soup–Another Fine Mess…
1) What could possibly be more obvious that Christy Clark is totally unqualified to be Premier, than her govt’s complete inability to understand the Enbridge issue–and her REFUSAL to intervene on principle. With these absurdly obvious 5 points released today, Minister Terry Lake is literally ADMITTING that there will be a leak, spill or breakage of the line and wants great environmental safeguards. EXCUSE ME? That’s why I’m absolutely against this damn pipeline anyway. And yet the Premier is, and again, hiding on the issue. It’s really simple folks. The five point plan is nonsense. Alberta will whine, but eventually give up more money as they know if they don’t deal with the Dummy now, Dix will surely be impossible to handle. But frankly, I’m with the NDP on this one. The Enbridge proposal is so obviously wrong, it defies logic to be defending it. I’m all for getting the tar sands bitumen to port–SOMEHOW, there are many, less troubling ways available. But it’s Clark’s lack of leadership that’s at issue here. No real proposals, no serious thought, no realistic answers. The Premier of Alberta Alison Redford hammering Christy’s lack of a position? Ezra Levant on national TV, ripping her for being wishy-washy? All true and all legitimate criticism, but once again, Clark can’t lead because she doesn’t know how. The secret trip and associated shenanigans with her visit to Alberta’s capital are still reverberating throughout Edmonton and here in Victoria. What a joker she is! Aren’t you proud?
2) What the hell is going on between the British Columbia Medical Association (BCMA) and this govt??? How many swindles are we to be subjected to?! Let’s do some quick math:
In the new agreement with the BCMA…
- PMA contains $4 Billion in annual funding x 4 year term = $16 Billion!
- BCMA voting conducted and counted in private by Allan Seckel–of BC Rail fame, who is now running the BCMA.
- Decisions and all public communications regarding the PMA will be controlled by the Physician Services Committee, chaired by Seckel, working with his BC Rail friend Graham Whitmarsh.
Section 6.3(c) of the PMA).
“This will improve the efficiency and efficacy of joint communications by the parties.” LOL! Are these jokers kidding?
Who’s interests are being served by the $16 Billion PMA to an organization that is nothing more than a lobby group–but NOT NECESSARILY for doctors? You don’t have to be a member and the BCMA don’t release specific stats on the number of doctors that are members. Worse yet, this govt only recognizes the BCMA, at the exclusion of paramedics, anesthesiologists, etc.
3) How on earth can this govt not hang its collective head in shame? Exel, a bidder that was revealed to have CABINET LEVEL influence in the privatization of the LDB is one of the short listed companies. Rather than be disqualified, in this govt’s rationale, they should be sent through to the next round. And who else? Container World, owned by Dennis Chrismas, long time backer of the BC Liberals. As I reported before, watch what happens: Container World will win and then be bought out by Exel six months later. Game, set, Kinsella…
4) So…guess where the Premier had dinner to start her weekend–after another embarrassment, except this time in Edmonton? Well, she and Pamela Martin (in a beautiful pink dress) were spotted by one of my humble organs, dining at the exclusive and ultra-posh Terminal City Club. Throughout the dialogue Clark was heard to pepper conversation with her brother Bruce’s name. He’s apparently doing a great deal to ready the party for election, including communicating with Sara the Gum on all sorts of matters. The Premier was loud and animated and their conversation could be heard across the room. Two RCMP guards waited patiently outside while Pammy and Dummy dined. Honestly, can you imagine anyone from Bennett on down to Campbell being so indiscreet? No? Me neither. What an embarrassment.
It’s already Tuesday, so we’ll push off the BC Rail razzle-dazzle off to Wednesday and give you double shot that will include the left wing radicalization of Vancouver by Vision–and how this will significantly hurt us for decades.
While the NPA sleeps…
STAY TUNED…I still have the Campbell BC Rail post to do. I promise you’ll love it!
Be safe out there.